September 17, 2005

the straight to your heart times

Cas is currently

Short one today.

I figure that your true friends are the people you never appreciate enough on a day to day basis, then they go and do something which just reminds you why they are special in the first place.

The kind of thing I am talking about - coming home and finding that Moose has made me the following wonderful Blackberry Cheesecake Gateaux birthday cake. *1*

cake

For reasons legion and depressing I don't tend to make a fuss over my birthday, but I do like to mark the occasion quietly (if that makes sense), and this year that's what I got. Great cake, brilliant friends, and penguin-related gifts. Truly, what more do you need to celebrate your birthday?

P9160004
Endnotes:
*1*I was aware she was making me some form of cake - being banned from your own kitchen two nights in a row can clue you in to something like that - but I had no idea as to what type of cake it would be. Go to Moose's blog for more on the subterfuge making it entailed.Back

5 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jes said...

Happy birthday, Cas. I hope that you're feeling better and take comfort that you can be surrounded by those that love you.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger The Guy in Charge said...

Happy birthday

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Spooky said...

Yes, happy birthday .I hope you enjoy the day despite all of the dissertation based fun.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Jackson B said...

Happy Birthday.
Hope the cake was tasty.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous meowkaat said...

Oh happy day, Queen of Prose! Your birth is one to be celebrated, your bright little corner of the web brightens my day often. Cheers to you!
-Meowkaat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home