August 20, 2005

wacky stories with rib cages in them

Ok, I am being badgered on both sides of the pond now to post up some stories.

The question is, what format should this be done in? The reverse chronological order of the blog makes it not ideal for the posting of longer works of fiction and, bearing in mind this is me we are discussing, I do tend to prefer the longer winded form of writing.

Should I
  1. Post the last chapter first, then the second last, and so on, till the first is at the top of the page and you read it all in one go?

  2. Post first chapter first, then second, till the last is at the top, but provide linking between somehow?

  3. Post it in serial form (a chapter per day/week/random interval)?

  4. You tell me.


Seriously, I'm not the one that has to read it, you are.
Also, is there even an audience out there if I do this? I am going to feel a right muppet if there is zero interest. Though lack of audience hasn't stopped me blogging, for some reason fiction is different in that respect.

Anyway, feedback on the above, and anything else you care to think about, please. I'm off to stare at wiki's some more and stick pins on the voodoo doll I just made of random-cyclist-chappy from last night.

5 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous RIB said...

Would it not be easier to post the story on separate web page, and link it on the blog?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger invisiblepsychomoose said...

poor innocent random cyclist, just getting home after a long day's cycling, and now forever the subject of your invective...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jackson B said...

how about posting the first chapter but putting the date at some unspecified time in the future, then moving that date one day back every time you post a new chapter?

that way, the thing stays in order.

if a bit time and relative dimensions in space defying.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger WereTeddy said...

I'd say that either posting them on a seperate site or messing with time stamps is the way to go. or serial style, that's always fun.

But yes, the audience is out here. and if you don't start posting stories, I'll...I'll do something. I'll spam you with pictures of myself until you go insane. Or I'll send you jelly beans laced with mind control drugs.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Cas said...

Mmmmmmmm jelly beans... Though that's not such a treat any more, seeing as how there are one and a half stores in Southampton that sell them now :D I love this city :D (half a store because the second one doesn't always have them)

And ooooh, always fancied playing with dimensions and time and space.

Mwhahahahahahaaa...

(Still working it all out in my little brain. That, and a few rewrites are required. I had forgotten how... bad... my endings usually are!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home