April 25, 2005

just a small croco

Just a few minor tweaks to the template to report. Nothing major, just a couple of additions/changes to the sidebar. (That bit on the right of the screen that starts with my profile, and ends with the archive list...)

Felt a bit manky today, so skived a lecture. I have two lectures a week to make it into, one at 11 am, the other at 12.50, yet in the past two weeks I have still made it to 25% of them. Yep, missed three out of four. When I was an undergrad, I never missed lectures! Ok, so I missed a few, but I felt really bad about it, and tried not to do it too often. I even managed to turn up to one 9am Tuesday morning one (Egyptology 101) when I had only got back to halls at 5am. In retrospect I would have been better off staying in bed, because I did fall asleep in that particular lecture, but still, it showed willing. Why is it when I get to being a postgrad, I suddenly kick loose? There is no answer expected to that question, I was being rhetorical, in case you were wondering. If I don't understand my motives, then lord above knows no one else is going to be able to work them out!

I am a little disapointed no one even attempted to guess where the title of the last post came from. My wonderful new idea falls flat at the first hurdle.

:( <-- this is Cas looking sad and disapointed in case you are curious.

I shall leave you with this thought - who would you rather have, Professor Higgins, or Freddy? (That is Freddy from My Fair Lady, not Freddy Kruger from Nightmare on Elm Street). Personally, I am not sure that I would go for Freddy, but I certainly wouldn't go for mouldly old Professor Higgins either. Bleck!

10 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Random Internet Bloke said...

The only thing I could think of for the "severed head" thing was to do with the last Abbot of Gladstonbury, who was hung, drawn and quartered on the Tor, and his severed head being placed above the gates to the abbey. The fact that you are from Gladstonbury and you were on about things like Stonehenge made me think of that, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, so I didn't mention it. But at least you know at least one person had a think about it. :)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Cas said...

Glastonbury, and good theory, but wrong I am afraid.
I'll give y'all a clue: it's from a film with Ellen DeGeneres and Sally Kirkland in... (that should be a two step elimination process in IMDB, so no more clues!)

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous random internet bloke said...

Hmmm... the only thing I can see is Ed TV and I don't recall it from that.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Cas said...

Well it is from that :)
*applause*

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Random Internet Bloke said...

*takes an embarrassed bow*

Errrmmm... is the "just a small croco" one to figure out, too?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Cas said...

Yes - all the titles from sun 24th april onwards will be quotes/lines/lyrics/things random people said - that was the plan, and I intend to stick to it.

All I can say on this one though, is good luck, because if you didn't live with a greek for three years, then I don't think you're gonna get it!

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous random internet bloke said...

The best I can come up with is it is a variant of "what a crock of..." ;)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Cas said...

nooooooooo

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Random Internet Bloke said...

Didn't think so... Maybe you should make these things a little easier?

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Cas said...

and where is the fun in that?

(Unless you were at Liverpool, I don't think that the croco quote is going to be achievable.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home